A little apprehensive about the buying process? Find out the basics in the following list, or get the detailed version in our buyer’s handbook, which you can pick up from Judy.
If you want to know more about financing, be sure to visit the Financing section in this site.
- Determine if buying a home right now is right for you. Use our mortgage calculator or pre-qualify to see what you can afford. Judy will discuss with you any additional considerations.
- Get pre-qualified for your loan. This is the best strategy for strength in negotiating. Judy will be happy to suggest reputable, local lenders who can serve you.
- Identify neighborhoods that you like and view the specific homes that meet your needs. Judy will give you the latest information on what’s available in the areas you are most interested in.
- Pick the home that most suits your needs.
- Analyze the value. With her knowledge of the local real estate market, Judy will help determine if the asking price of the home is really the market value of the home.
- Make a strong offer and negotiate the Purchase and Sale Contract. There are dangers in offering too much or too little. Judy’s expertise in this area will ensure that you make a good offer.
- Close the transaction and move into your new home. Judy and her team will help you through each step of the closing process and will let you use their moving van, free of charge!
What you can expect from Judy
Before we look for homes, she will…
- Review your financial position to determine the price most suited to your ability to pay and your comfort level.
- Explain financing alternatives to help you select the one best suited for you.
- Estimate purchase costs and explain them in detail.
- Discuss home styles, availability, location, and specific features you desire.
- Explain the purchase process in detail, including the Purchase and Sale Agreement and what to expect from the current market conditions.
While we’re looking for homes, she will…
- Keep you informed of homes that meet your requirements on a regular basis.
- Discuss the benefits and drawbacks of each home in relation to your specific needs.
- Discuss market trends and values relative to properties which may be of interest to you.
- Introduce you to local builders if your desire is for a new home.
- Respond to your questions and offer assistance regarding your home purchase.
- Have full access to ALL homes available on the local market, even listings not yet on the MLS.
- Use her expert local knowledge of the Lewiston and Clarkston area, not just in terms of real estate, but also schools, neighborhoods, the local economy, and more.
After you’ve found your homes, she will…
- Prepare an offer to purchase agreement and explain each in detail.
- Provide you with copies of all the documents involved in the purchase agreement and financing.
- Assist you in determining the appropriate financing and help you select a reputable financial institution to handle your mortgage.
- Accompany you to the loan application appointment if you so desire.
- Follow through with your loan officer to ensure the process is as smooth as possible.
- Assist in securing interim financing if your present home has not yet sold.
- Coordinate any necessary inspections of property to evaluate the major elements of the home such as: pests, basement, structural, water, septic, chimney, etc.
- Make sure you get the best value for your money by assessing the true market value of the home you’re interested in.
- Help negotiate with sellers so that the final contract includes your best possible terms and conditions.
- Give confidence through her knowledge as you sign documents that have complicated terms and clauses that can greatly affect your future life in your new home.